Sight and Sound Subvention
The Sight and Sound Subvention Committee will consider applications regarding financial assistance to facilitate the publication of non-print material concerning American music. Such material may include film, DVD, CD and other audio/visual formats, radio programs, website development, or other projects that further the Society's mission and goals. These materials should be available through a commercial source, not on the applicant's personal pages.
Applications may be made by performers, editors, or producers. Applications should be submitted to the Sight and Sound Committee. The Funding Cycle Deadline for applications is 15 November 2013. The Committee will make its recommendations to the SAM Board and all subventions for a given year will be announced at the business meeting of the annual conference of the Society, held each spring.
Guidelines: A Sight and Sound Subvention application should include the following:
- Complete contact information.
- An abstract of no more than 500 words that describes the project and its contribution to American music.
- A brief statement about publication and/or distribution plans.
- A financial statement explaining the expenses to which the subvention would be applied.
- A brief curriculum vita or resume.
- Please DO NOT send a sample sound recording or video excerpt with your initial application.
Applications should be sent electronically (in Microsoft Word or pdf format) to: Brian Thompson
Committee: Brian Thompson, chair (2012-2015), Susan Key (2013-2016), Will Cheng (2013-2016)